Making Autism Acceptance Year-Round
As Autism diagnoses and the interest in home-based autism services increase, so too does the need for reliable information, guidance and acceptance. And while April may be the nationally recognized month for Autism Awareness, there are so many benefits and opportunities in continuing autism acceptance all year long.
National Autism Awareness Month
Every year, the month of April is dedicated to the national awareness, education and acceptance of autism—specifically April 2nd, the official World Autism Day and “Light It Up Blue” campaign. Pioneered by Autism Speaks, an autism advocacy organization, this day has been designated for starting a conversation and clearing misconceptions about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Autism Acceptance All Year
Whether you are a part of the autism community yourself or someone interested in expanding your knowledge about autism your knowledge, here are just a few of the endless benefits in practicing acceptance all year:
- Creating a stress-free and welcoming environment for all families
- Keeping the voice of autism in headlines, minds and communities
- Creating a platform for new information and services to be shared
- Showing those with autism that you care beyond one month of the year
- Continuing positive conversation and awareness
How You Can Support Autism All Year
No matter how big or small, there are so many ways to show support year-round:
- Getting involved with volunteer programs that benefit the community’s autism foundations and organizations
- Donating to local or national research to continue the development of services and therapies offered
- Reading the many reliable articles and resources to clarify misconceptions
- Having conversations with others about autism
- Reaching out to family, friends or neighbors in the autism community and asking how you can help
We’re here to answer any questions you may have about autism or the ABA therapy curriculum we offer. Search for ‘autism therapy near me’ and let us help guide you to the best fit for your family.